One Can of Chickpeas Could Change The Way You Think About SUBWAY?
This NEW Subway veggie Patty is out of this world! I love making chickpea meat using chickpeas but making this Subway veggie patty was awesome! I had leftovers for days, used it on a few subway sandwiches!! If you’ve ever been disappointed by a Subway Veggie sub this is how you fix it!
More Stache: http://linktr.ee/Saucestache
ChickPea Subway Patty
- 1 can chickpeas drained liquid saved
- 2 carrots chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 6 button cap mushrooms chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 yellow onion chopped
- 1/4 cup water chestnuts chopped
- 1/2 cup Cooked white rice
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tbsp chickpea flour
- 1/2 cup gluten flour
Vegan Chipotle Mayo sauce
- 1/2 cup aquafaba
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oli
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp chipotle powder or chili powder
- 1 pinch salt
- Mash chickpeas with a fork
- Toss carrots in a frying pan with olive oil until lightly browned
- Remove carrots and mix in with chickpeas, along with red bell pepper.
- In the same pan add the mushrooms and a pinch of salt and pepper, and let the mushrooms cook in their own liquid until dry, then add mushrooms to chickpea mix!
- now in the same pan cook the yellow onions with olive oil until translucent, then add to chickpeas
- Toast water chestnuts in dry pan, add to chickpeas
- Add in the rice, garlic powder, salt and nutritional yeast, chickpea flour, gluten flour and mix
- Now add in aquafaba about a tbsp at a time until you have a something that resembles dough. it will firm up and you can create patties that will hold shape. I used around 1/4 cup.
- Roll mixture out onto a cutting board about finger thickness then slice into rectangle patties about 6" long 2-3 inches wide
- Toss onto a lined baking sheet and let rest for 30 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 350º then bake these for 30 minutes. Check and flip about halfway through
- Mix the garlic and aquafaba using an immersion blender or blender, once blended the next step depends on the tool you are using.
- If you are using an immersion blender add the rest of the ingredients and blend.
- If you are using a standard blender, add everything but the olive oil, start the blender and slowly blend in the olive oil until it thickens
- IF your mixture doesn't thicken you can add in a small pinch of xanthin gum
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
I’m trying to find the recipe.
Recipe is now live!! sorry for the delay!
Why doesn’t the recipe show up on your page with the video? This is the first time I was gonna try your veggie patty and I’m disappointed. There’s no download, PDF or even recipe text to copy & paste. If you mean to make it hard to find or trying to drive folks to add a Chrome extension that’s worse trickery. I’m not clicking on leader ads. Boi BYE!
Hey… this is all free content for you. Im a 1 person show, im not trying to drive anyone anywhere. I make videos, the recipes are a secondary thing. This is a brand new site and Im still getting used to getting the recipes up and running.
It takes me about an hour each recipe, working on it the best I can
Was so excited to see this video. May ask when the written recipe will be available as I’m dying to make these patties.
Recipe is updated!! sorry still getting used to updating the site!!
I watch you ALL the time and make many of your recipes. I particulary love this Subway veggie patty! Ty and keep up the great work!!
Great recipe! Made it yesterday and really liked it.
Didn’t have water chestnuts, so I used some walnuts instead for the crunch. Honestly though, I think water chestnuts would have been tastier. I’ll make sure to have a can on hand next time 🙂