Vegan BONE Broth… Oxymoron right.. not really. Bone broth yes is made with bones but whats in it nutritionally can be made very close without the bones. So lets mimic that, the good stuff. So this is a basic veggie broth with a few additions that will get you close nutritionally to real bone broth.. just no bones!
Get more Sauce: linktr.ee/Saucestache
Vegan Bone broth – Veggie broth with a kick
- 1 Large Dutch over or stock pot
- 3 Whole Carrots with stems
- 1 Yellow Onion with skin on
- 3 Whole stocks Celery
- 1 Bunch of Parsley
- 1/4 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tbs Whole Black pepper
- 3 Bay Leaves
- 1 stock of Thyme
- 1 Bunch of Rosemary
- 1 Tbs Salt
- 1/4 Block of tofu
- 1 Tbs Nutritional Yeast
- 1 tsp Marmite Yeast Extract
- 10 Cups Water
- Clean all your veg and add to your stock pot or Dutch oven
- Add in the 10 cups of water, salt, apple cider vinegar, black pepper, bay leaves, thyme and rosemary
- turn on high heat, bring to simmer, then lower heat, cover and let simmer for at least an hour to 4 hours!
- Once simmered remove as much of the Veg as you can then add in your tofu and yeasts and whisk quickly to break up the tofu and thicken the stock.
- Now using a large bowl and a mesh strainer or cheese cloth strain your stock. If you have bits of tofu still floating I moved to the next step
- The strained mixture can now be added to a blender to try to emulsify the tofu and broth to give it a thicker mouthfeel. After blended I did once last strain though a coffee filter. This takes some time but I felt is was worth it to have a better finished product.
This will last about 1 week in the refrigerator or about 3 months frozen. I transferred these to 5 – 2 cup 16oz bell jars. Some went into the fridge, while the rest was frozen to be used for drinking or soups!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!