THIS is the Dish to serve at a BBQ That EVERYONE Will LOVE… I wanted to make something that was vegan and really easy, with easy to find ingredients, that everyone could enjoy! I wanted it to be versatile to make as a sandwich, but also be able to be a topping or a side dish on its own! So I made hearts of palm meat! ITs wild! This is a vegan meat/ vegan side dish that vegans will love having at your next BBQ but once it’s there everyone is going to love it! It’s so good!
More Stache: http://linktr.ee/Saucestache
Pulled Hearts of Palm BBQ (Meat)
- 4 Cans 14oz Whole hearts of palm
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 sweet onion thin slices
- 1 green pepper thin slices
- 1/2 red pepper (optional) thin slices
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp vegan butter
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup bbq sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- Drain and rinse your hearts of palm
- smash or string your hearts of palm into a strainer over a bowl or sink (removing the liquid)
- Cover with salt, garlic powder, black pepper, smoked paprika, Mix and let set aside for at least 15 minutes
- Now in a large dutch oven or sauce pan and your oil, bring to a medium heat and toss in your onions and cook until translucent, then add your peppers and cook until soft. then add the garlic.
- Once the veggies are cooked add vegan butter, let it melt, then the hearts of palm
- Cook the hearts of palm for about 5 minutes then add ketchup, bbq sauce, and water and bring to a simmer and let simmer for 15 at least 15 minutes.
- You can enjoy now or set a lowest heat and continue stirring until time to serve!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!