THIS is the Dish to serve at a BBQ That EVERYONE Will LOVE… I wanted to make something that was vegan and really easy, with easy to find ingredients, that everyone could enjoy! I wanted it to be versatile to make as a sandwich, but also be able to be a topping or a side dish on its own! So I made hearts of palm meat! ITs wild! This is a vegan meat/ vegan side dish that vegans will love having at your next BBQ but once it’s there everyone is going to love it! It’s so good!
Pulled Hearts of Palm BBQ (Meat)
- 4 Cans 14oz Whole hearts of palm
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 sweet onion thin slices
- 1 green pepper thin slices
- 1/2 red pepper (optional) thin slices
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp vegan butter
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup bbq sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- Drain and rinse your hearts of palm
- smash or string your hearts of palm into a strainer over a bowl or sink (removing the liquid)
- Cover with salt, garlic powder, black pepper, smoked paprika, Mix and let set aside for at least 15 minutes
- Now in a large dutch oven or sauce pan and your oil, bring to a medium heat and toss in your onions and cook until translucent, then add your peppers and cook until soft. then add the garlic.
- Once the veggies are cooked add vegan butter, let it melt, then the hearts of palm
- Cook the hearts of palm for about 5 minutes then add ketchup, bbq sauce, and water and bring to a simmer and let simmer for 15 at least 15 minutes.
- You can enjoy now or set a lowest heat and continue stirring until time to serve!