.Introducing the McTofuicken… it’s a tofu McChicken and it’s pretty dang good! It’s not what you think, it’s not just a big slab of tofu, it’s actually a meaty, chickeny, tofu patty! I wanted to try this after I made Jackfruit chicken nuggets last week and they came out WILDLY good, so I had to give this a shot!
Tofu Chicken Patty
- 2 blocks firm tofu drained and pressed
- 1/4 cup gluten flour
- 1 1/2 tbsp methyl cellulose
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- Remaining Starch about 1/2 cup
- 1 cup Flour
- 1/2 tbsp Mustard powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 pinch msg
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup coconut milk
- Mix together the pressed tofu, gluten, methylcellulose, yeast, salt and olive oil until a firm tofy like dough is formed! Should still be chunky like a ground chicken would be
- Dip in corn starch and pat off extra
- Make wet batter by combining wet batter ingredients and using enough coconut milk until a thick batter is formed. It should stick to a spoon but still be runny.
- dip patties in batter and place on lined baking sheet and place in freezer for at least 1-2 hours until firm. You can freeze until ready to fry
- heat preferred cooking oil ( I use vegetable oil) to 350ºf
- Fry a few at a time until golden brown!