Making BACON from a Daikon Radish – The best Veggie Bacon!
This video has been sponsored and approved by Skillshare https://skl.sh/saucestache Click the link for a 2 month free trial!! All the veggie bacon videos I've made have led to this, The king of plant based bacon, Daikon Bacon!! Daikon Bacon is by far the best vegan bacon of this whole series? Should I keep going? https://www.Patreon.com/saucestache – JOIN the SauceSquad https://www.Saucestache.com – to print recipes and merchandise!!! Music by Joakim Karud http://youtube.com/joakimkarudThe goal of SauceStache is to continue trying something new, something new to me and something different.I find inspirations from you the SauceSquad and my constant hunt of social media to see what food is being made around the globe and how can I try to make it. Lets try to make some food and have fun!!
- 1 large Daikon radish
- Kosher Salt
- 1/3 Cup soy sauce
- 2 Tbls Light Oil*
- 2 Tbls Nutritional Yeast*
- 1 Tsp MSG*
- 1 Tbls Liquid Smoke
- 1 Tbls Maple Syrup
- Pinch of Paprika
- Ground Black Pepper to taste
- Pinch of Garlic Powder
- * Not necessary but can be added to enhance flavor!
- Clean Radish and using a peeler remove outside layer
- Using a peeler press hard against the radish and slice away from you to create wide strips
- Lay radish strips flat on a paper towel and salt, you can layer up as many as you like but make sure they are fully salted
- Keep salted for at least 15 minutes to remove moisture
- mix all sauce and seasoning ingredients together whisking well
- clean radish strips with paper towel to remove salt
- dip strips into seasoning and allow to soak up sauce for at least 15 minutes
- heat a cast iron or non stick pan to a medium high heat coated with a lightly flavored oil
- make sure pan stays oiled very well and fry each radish strip
- turn over after a minute and continue flipping until redish brown, bacon colored
- remove and allow to dry on clean paper towel
- they will crisp up as they sit
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!