Today I am making Fakin Bacon from Soy Skin! Soy skin bacon AKA Tofu Skin Bacon, AKA Yuba Bacon is all made from a simple process of heating soy milk. We are making this one from scratch and starting all the way at the soy bean!
Can this Fakin Bacon beat the Rice Paper Bacon or the Mushroom Bacon??
https://www.Patreon.com/saucestache – JOIN the SauceSquad
8 oz of Dried Organic Soy Beans
* Washed until clean
* Soak dried beans over night
* Add Beans into a blender along with 3 cups of water
* Blend until smooth
* Boil 4 cups of Water
* Add blended soy bean mixture to boiling water and boil for 10 minutes
* once boiled pour mixture into a wire strainer with a cheese cloth
* allow to cool before squeezing cheese cloth to milk the rest of the beans
To make Soy Skin | Yuba
* Place a 10-12″ skillet on a medium heat and fill with 2″ of Soy Milk
* Heat until skin appears on top of the simmering soy milk
* using a chop stick, spatula, or skewer lift the skin off the top of the soy milk and allow to drip dry
Soy Skin Bacon Recipe
* fold the skin to bacon sized pieces
* 1/3 Cup soy sauce
* 2 Tbls Light Oil
* 2 Tbls Nutritional Yeast
* 1 Tbls Liquid Smoke
* 1 Tbls Maple Syrup
* Pinch of Paprika
* Ground Black Pepper to taste
* Pinch of Garlic Powder
* Soak folded soy skin in mixture
* Fry in light oil until brown turning quickly
* allow to rest for a moment to dry
The goal of SauceStache is to continue trying something new, something new to me and something different.
I find inspirations from you the SauceSquad and my constant hunt of social media to see what food is being made around the globe and how can I try to make it. Lets try to make some food and have fun!!