Making BBQ RIBS from a MUSHROOM!
You asked for it!!! BBQ Ribs! I kept seeing these vegan mushroom ribs and I knew I had to try them. This one comes from Chef Derek Sarno. I’ve tried a few of his recipes and they never disappoint. For this one I actually just used his technique and my recipe to make these plant based ribs, absolutely perfect!Bosh & Derek Sarno Recipe https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-h2B3d1U-U
- 6 king oyster mushrooms medium size
- 1 Tbls Mushroom seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp liquid smoke
- 1 tbls sesame oil
- Clean and trim mushrooms
- In a large bowl mix seasonings, liquid smoke, and oils tossing mushrooms until completely coated.
- Place the coated mushrooms between 2 heavy heated pans, preferably cast iron pans. Pressing firmly to flatten mushrooms and sear both sides evenly
- Place flattened mushrooms on baking sheet or baking dish coating both sides with bbq sauce and bake for 45 minutes at 350º
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!