I had an idea for a new kinda tofu and I tested it out and WHOA did it work!! Introducing to you a new kind of TOFU!! CHICKFU!! Marys Test Kitch Video https://youtu.be/IdGwL5dFgCQ Affiliate links (I make money with these) Gypsum Powder https://youtu.be/IdGwL5dFgCQ Methlycellulose https://amzn.to/2PVodrW Chicken Broth Mix https://amzn.to/38xjfbt
- 1/2 Gallon Fresh Soy Milk
- 1 tsp methyl-cellulose HV
- 1 tsp Vital Wheat Gluten
- 1/2 tsp Chicken Flavor Powder vegan chicken broth mix
- 2 1/4 tsp Gypsum powder
- 1/2 Cup water
- Cook soy milk in a sauce pan over low heat and bring up to 165º
- Cook the soy milk over temp and allow to cool back to temp.
- Mix methyl-cellulose, vital wheat gluten, and chicken flavor in a separate bowl and set aside
- when you pass the 165º mark turn off the heat and mix together the water and gypsum powder together really well.
- Once your soy milk cools back down to 165º slowly stir and slowly pour in your gypsum mixture
- Let sit for 30 minutes, you will see the soy milk start to coagulate
- Once coagulated pour milk through a cheese cloth lined strainer and squeeze out water (I suggest doing in small batches until fully strained)
- Add your cellulose and flavor mixture and fold in
- Now using a mold or by hand shape your mixed curds into block shape and tightly wrap with the cheese cloth.
- Press using a tofu press or books for at least 30 minutes
- Add to ice water one formed then immediately cook
- Can be breaded, fried or grilled!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!