Making The Beyond STEAK – 100% Plant Based STEAK!
I had a thought… What if we took beyond beef and added it as the base of a Seitan steak recipe?? Would we have the worlds first beyond meat steak? Lets find out!
- 1 pack of beyond beef
- 1/2 tbls Sesame Oil
- 1 tbls Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 tbls Marmite
- 1/4 cup very cold water
- 1 cup Vital Wheat gluten
- 1 tbls butter
- Thaw beyond beef in refrigerator
- Put beyond beef into stand mixer with paddle attachment and mix well for 1-2 minutes
- add sesame oil, apple cider vinegar, and marmite to stand mixer and mix again for 1-2 minutes
- add cold water, mix for 1 minute
- add Vital Wheat Gluten to stand mixer and mix for 5-6 minutes
- remove from stand mixer and pull and kneed dough by hand to build gluten strands, only pull dough in one direction to create a grain.
- cut into 3 steaks
- wrap in parchment paper
- then in foil
- place in refrigerator for at least 1 hour
- using a steaming pot, steam for 1 hour
- remove from steamer and unwrap
- salt and pepper to taste
- add olive oil and butter (vegan buttter) to a hot skillet
- Sear steak in pan, spooning melted butter and oil over steak
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!