One Can of Chickpeas Could Change The Way You Think About Chicken Sandwiches.
This chickpea chicken sandwich is out of this world!! I love making Chickun using chickpeas but making this pounded buttermilk chicken on a vegan butter milk maple butter biscuit made was awesome! I had these biscuits for days after because OMG they are so good.
Idea from @NOTANOTHERCOOKINGSHOW
Biscuits from @TheeBurgerDude
Chick un based on Avocadoandales
Get more Sauce: linktr.ee/Saucestache
By my Book: https://amzn.to/3iqmR6g
Shop what I use: https://www.amazon.com/shop/saucestache
Support what I do: https://www.Patreon.com/saucestache
My Website: https://www.Saucestache.com (Update coming soon)
The Chick’n Inspired but Chickwheat link above!
- 1 can chickpeas liquid saved (aquafaba)
- 1 1/2 tsp Mushroom Seasoning
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp galic powder
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp dill pickle juice
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups Gluten flour / Vital Wheat Gluten
- 2 tsp Garlic powder
- 2 tsp Dried Parsley
- 2 tsp Dried Oregano
- 2 tsp Dried Basil
- 2 tsp Dried Thyme
- 2 tsp Rosemary
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 1 tbsp Maple syrup
- 1/4 Cup Favorite hot sauce
- 2 tbsp Vegan Butter
- In a blender add your chickpeas, water, mushroom seasoning, nutritional yeast, onion powder, 2 tbsp olive oil, and dill pickle juice. Blend on high until ver smooth
- Once smooth add your gluten flour to blender and blend until the gluten forms and you have a ball of dough
- remove from blender and knead for a few minutes until bouncy and rubbery.
- divide into 5 to 10 pieces depending on the size you're looking to make or you can roll out into large thin sandwich size pieces
- Now steam for at least 30 minutes
- after steaming let rest in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, this will allow the gluten to tighten up
- Season the chick n with salt and set aside while you prep your breading station
- add Panko, garlic, parsley, oregano, basil, thyme, and rosemary to one plate, Flour and same seasonings to a second plate, and the liquid from the chickpeas (aquafaba) and seasonings to the bowl.
- Now dredge the chicken in the flour, then into the aquafaba, then press into the panko.
- in a large skillet or high wall frying pan add enough oil to cover the bottom of your pan, heat to a medium heat and then fry the chicken on both sides. about 5 minutes a side.
- Whisk together the melted vegan butter and maple syrup and toss in the fridge to solidify. Check and mix again once solid
- Add hot sauce and butter to a small sauce pan, bring to a simmer, then remove from heat. Continue to whisk until ready to coat chick'n
I made these and then I froze them and then a month later I remembered I had them and I made a vegan chicken Parmesan and it was SO good. Everyone loved it. Thank you so much.