One Can of Chickpeas Could Change The Way You Think About MEATLOAF?
This chickpea meatloaf is out of this world and contains no gluten and no soy! I love making chickpea meat using chickpeas but making this meatloaf was awesome! I had leftovers for days, used it on sandwiches, and even crumbled it up over some rice on the last day (which was awesome)
Get more Sauce: http://linktr.ee/Saucestache
Chickpea Loaf (meat loaf)
- 2 cans chickpeas drained liquid saved (aquafaba)
- 1 cup mushrooms chopped
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 sweet onion
- 3 carrots peeled and chopped
- 1 Celery stock chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 beet pealed and minced
- 1 1/2 cups Oats
- 3 tbsp flax seeds
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tbsp corn starch
- 1/2 cup aqua faba
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tbsp yeast extract
- 1 tbsp bbq sauce
- 1 tsp liquid smoke
- pinch black pepper
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp Ketchup
- 1 tbsp BBQ sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- Preheat oven for 375º
- Add your chopped mushrooms to a non stick pan covered in water and a pinch of salt. Bring to boil and allow water to simmer until pan is dry. Once near dry turn heat to low and add about a tsp of olive oil. Remove from heat and set aside
- In a food processor add your chickpeas and pulse until slightly minced now add most of your carrots, onions, and beets. pulse until mixed together. The beat should turn the whole mix red
- Remove from food processor and move to large bowl, add the rest of the onions, carrots, beets and your cooked mushrooms. Mix
- Now the rest of your ingredients and mix well.
- Coat an 11×5 bread pan with a bit of cooking oil and line with parchment paper
- Press loaf mixture into bread pan
- Bake for 30 minutes
- Now mix together glaze ingredients, remove loaf after baking for 30 minutes, coat top of loaf with glaze then place back in over for an additional 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes remove from oven and let rest for at least 10-15 minutes!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!