I recently made dinner and breakfast using one can of chickpeas and I thought I wanted to give the holidays a go so I made a vegan churkey stuffed with stuffing!!!
One can of chickpeas can do a LOT… So lets grab our can of beans and lets go! Here we go holidays!!
Get more Sauce: linktr.ee/Saucestache
By my Book: https://amzn.to/3iqmR6g
Shop what I use: https://www.amazon.com/shop/saucestache
Support what I do: https://www.Patreon.com/saucestache
My Website: https://www.Saucestache.com (Update coming soon)
Stuffed Holiday Roast made from chickpeas and gluten!
- 1 can chickpeas drained with liquid saved (aquafaba)
- 1 cup chickpea liquid water mix add aquafaba to a measuring cup and add enough water so it equals a cup
- 1 tbsp Nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tbsp mushroom seasoning
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 1 cup gluten flour
- 1 bag Arnolds Premium Seasoned Cubed Stuffing
- 1 cup Celery chopped
- 1 cup onions chopped
- 1/2 stick vegan butter
- 2 cups water
- 1 tbsp mushroom seasoning
- Make stuffing using the stuffing ingredients following the instructions on the label. Substitute the chicken broth for the mushroom seasoning and water!! Or veggie broth works!
- In a blender add the chickpeas, water/aquafaba, Nutritional yeast, mushroom seasoning, white vinegar and blend until its a thick pancake batter constancy
- add gluten to blender and blend again until dough is formed
- Once the gluten dough is formed place into a large bowl and use a smaller bowl to press out dome with even sides.
- Fill the empty section with the cooked stuffing mix (you'll get about half) If you over tuff the "meat" will be too thin
- Now close like a dumpling folding the outside over the top and pinch the seems together.
- Brush your "churkey" (what I call it) with vegan butter
- In a large steamer or dutch oven with a heat safe trivet steam your stuffed "churkey" for 3 hours! Always check your steamer water level to make sure you have enough water!
- Once its steamed remove from the dutch oven, place back into original bowl and place in refrigerator to rest overnight
- The next day place the remaining stuffing in the bottom of a dutch oven with a bit of water (1/4 cup at most) add the churkey, brush with more vegan butter and season with salt, pepper, poultry seasoning and toss in a few springs of rosemary
- Bake in preheated oven at 350º for 2 hours
- brush with a little more vegan butter and bake for 15 more minutes