How to make Mochi
Today we are going to learn How to make Mochi ice cream!! Mochi is a Japanese rice cake made using a sweet rice flour (mochiko) and water. You commonly see mochi wrapped around ice cream or sweetened red bean paste. In this diy mochi recipe I am going to make the mochi in the microwave and use the mochi to wrap around a sweetened red bean paste.I hope you enjoy my easy how to make mochi recipe!——————————————————Music by Joakim Karud http://youtube.com/joakimkarud——————————————————https://www.amazon.com/shop/saucestache (Affiliate link – I make money if you buy anything from here)——————————————————https://www.facebook.com/saucestache/ – Facebook mehttps://www.instagram.com/thesaucestacheguy – Instagram anyone?https://twitter.com/saucestache – Lets tweet each other!!
- 1 Cup Water
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Sweet Rice Flour – Mochiko
- Cornstarch for dusting
- Flavoring if wanted. I use 1 Tsp Green Tea powder
- Mix the Water, Sugar, and flour (and flavoring )in microwave safe bowl
- Cover it and Microwave on high 800watts for 3 minutes
- Stir and check consistency, Should be sticky and form a single piece of stretchy rubbery dough
- continue to microwave on high for 30 second increments until at desired consistency
- Let slightly cool and spread cornstarch onto work surface
- Turn out Mochi dough onto work surface and flatten until desired thickness. Should be about 1/4″ or slightly more thick.
- Cut into 8 even squares and allow to cool.
- Fill with your favorite flavor ice cream
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!