Making BACON from COCONUT | The BEST Coconut Bacon Recipe EVER!
Today we are taking Coconut bacon to the next level! This isn’t just your normal vegan coconut bacon little crispy bits.. this is turning Coconut into a legit full bacon replacement! Looks like bacon, smells like bacon and wow this coconut meat tastes like bacon!! Am I done on this Veggie Bacon Journey… I don’t know! hahah Let me know in the comments below!https://www.Patreon.com/saucestache – JOIN the SauceSquadhttps://www.Saucestache.com – to print recipes and merchandise!!!Music by Joakim Karud http://youtube.com/joakimkarud
- 2-3 Young Coconuts
- Bacon Flavor Sauce
- 1/3 Cup soy sauce
- 2 Tbls Light Oil*
- 2 Tbls Nutritional Yeast*
- 1 Tbls Liquid Smoke
- 1 Tbls Maple Syrup
- Pinch of Paprika
- Ground Black Pepper to taste
- Pinch of Garlic Powder
- *Not necessary but can add flavor. Adjust as needed… I didn’t use in this version.
- Open the coconut and drain water
- Peel the coconut meat out in as large of chunks as you can
- cut into bacon shapes
- mix all bacon sauce ingredients together
- soak coconut meat in sauce for around 10 minutes
- place meat on dehydrator and dehydrate for 10-15 hours at 125º
- Heat cooking oil in skillet on medium high heat
- Fry bacon for around a minute a side
- Enjoy Real Coconut bacon
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!