This one ingredient will change how you think about Beef Tips! Seriously! Beef tips, or tri tips, I know there are a few names… but WHOA these things are meaty!
When the beyond beef came out I thought they were wildly good, but then at the same time.. a little familiar… so I needed to make my own.
Get more Sauce: linktr.ee/Saucestache
By my Book: https://amzn.to/3iqmR6g
Shop what I use: https://www.amazon.com/shop/saucestache
Support what I do: https://www.Patreon.com/saucestache
My Website: https://www.Saucestache.com (Update coming soon)
Vegan Steak tips Sandwich – Vegan Beef tips (Beyond Steak Copy)
Steak (beef tips)
- 1 cups Protein Chunks I use Plant Basics protein chunks
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp beet root powder
- 1 tsp marmite or vegimite any yeast extract
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 cups water
- 2 tsp black strap molasses
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 cup button cap mushrooms sliced
Horse radish sauce
- 1 cup Plant milk
- 1 tsp agar agar
- 1/8 tsp lactic acid
- 3 tbsp horseradish
- 1/4 cup vegan mayo
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tbsp chives chopped
- 1/4 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Add protein chunks to sauce pan along with nutritional yeast, garlic and onion powder, beet root powder, yeast extract, red wine vinegar, olive oil and water. Bring to boil, cover, turn the heat to low and let simmer for 30 minutes
- after 30 minutes most of the liquid should be boiled away and the chunks should be rehydrated.
- Add black strap molasses, and soy sauce, mix and then press the liquid out. I use a spring loaded tofu press (linked in my store) I like to press overnight. This will get you a firmer and more steak like texture.
- For the sandwich cook your mushrooms, I like to boil them until then sear in a pan with about a tbsp of olive oil
- now in the same pan with the mushrooms add your beef tips and sear
Horse radish sauce
- add plant milk, agar, and lactic acid to a sauce pan, turn the heat up, whisk and allow to come to boil, lower heat and let simmer for 5 minutes
- Now we only need 1/2 cup of that milk mixture for the horse radish sauce, save the rest for a cream.
- in a bowl add vegan mayo, horse radish and seasonings, and slowing whisk in your milk mixture.
- toss in fridge and let setup for 30 minutes. This will get thick!
- I used a French roll, with Chao vegan cheese, topped with the beef tips and then pour the radish sauce on top!