Do you want an awesome protein packed dinner made entirely from plants? If you do, follow along! Here’s an awesome vegan protein chowder recipe! This contains no overly processed ingredients, no protein powders, and no textured protein. This dish comes out to twenty eight grams of protein per serving! If you like this recipe, check out this one too! and this one!
We start off with some vegetables. I chop up two carrots, two stalks of celery, half of a red bell pepper, and half of a red onion. Then also mince up about half a cube of ginger, and smash two cloves of garlic. Now in a saucepan over a medium heat I add around a tablespoon of olive oil then our veggies, along with a big pinch of salt, and some black pepper. Then just let this cook until it softens.
In the meantime I got two ears of corn and one small potato. This is kind of going to be like corn chowder. I cover these all with some olive oil, salt, and pepper. Then I toss them into an air fryer at 400ºf for around ten minutes. Next once the veggies are done cooking I transfer them to a blender along with one block of firm tofu. Now I pulse this together and blend until smooth. Then our corn and potato are done. Then I set the corn aside but chop the potato and add it to the blender along with one cup of veggie broth. Next I blend this on high until it’s incredibly smooth.
Back to the stove, I bring out my dutch oven. Now to that I add one and a half cups of veggie broth, one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar, and bring that to a boil. Now time for some tempeh. I slice my tempeh up really thin into small strips. I split this all into two, half of it is going to go into the simmering broth for about ten minutes. The other half I toss into a pan with a little bit of olive oil, some salt, and pepper. These are going to become crouton-like strips.
Next, while the broth is simmering I’m adding in some seasonings. Now we just need a pinch more salt, some black pepper, about a half teaspoon of smoked paprika, a quarter teaspoon of cumin, a quarter teaspoon turmeric, and a quarter teaspoon oregano. After about ten minutes, I throw the mixtures together. The blended ingredients, into the dutch oven. Give it all a stir. Remember the corn? Time to slice the corn off the cobs. Next add the corn into the broth, give it a good stir and let it sit over a low heat for just a moment. This comes out to three and a half servings at 400 calories per serving.
All together the whole pot is 98 grams of protein! About 28 grams of protein per serving. It’s protein packed corn and tempeh chowder! Overtop I add a touch of olive oil, the tempeh croutons, and some parsley. It’s delicious! It has a bisque feel to it. This tastes savory, and salty. The croutons on top almost taste and feel like bacon. Texture is very smooth. You would never know the base is tofu! Now this is a great dinner, so healthy and awesome for you. This vegan protein chowder dish is perfect to make for your family and friends! Check out the full video here!
Eat This For Vegan Protein
- 2 carrots
- 2 stalks of celery
- .5 red onion
- .5 red bell pepper
- .5 cube of ginger
- 2 cloves of garlic
- olive oil
- black pepper
- 2 ears of corn
- 1 small potato
- 1 block firm tofu
- 2.5 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- .5 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- pinch parsley
- Chop up carrots, celery, red onion, and red bell pepper. Mince ginger, and smash garlic.
- In saucepan over medium heat add olive oil, the veggies, salt and pepper. Let cook until soft.
- Cover corn and potato with olive oil, salt and pepper. Put them in air fryer for ten minutes at 400ºf.
- When veggies are done transfer them into blender and add in tofu. Blend until smooth.
- When corn and potato are all done, chop up potato and add to blender along with veggie broth. Blend until smooth.
- In dutch oven add veggie broth, apple cider vinegar, and bring to boil.
- Slice tempeh into thin strips add half to the simmering broth for about ten minutes. Toss other half in pan with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Add salt, black pepper, smoked paprika, cumin, turmeric, and oregano to broth.
- After ten minutes add blended ingredients to dutch oven. Mix everything together.
- Slice corn off the cobs and add to broth. Stir and let sit over low heat for a moment.
- Top with olive oil, tempeh croutons, and parsley. Enjoy!