Do you like to whip up delicious and quick meals when you’re in a rush? How about vegan chicken tacos in twenty five minutes? If you said yes, you are about to learn how! These are easy to make and seriously take no time at all. If you like this recipe, check out this one too! and this one!
For my vegan chicken I’m using the Plant Basics hearty plant protein. I start by adding two cups of the plant protein into a dry pan. In the pan I also add a cup of water, half a cup of vegetable broth, and a teaspoon of plant based chicken seasoning. I turn the heat on high so it gets to a boil quickly. We let this cook for about eight minutes. I now add a pinch of olive oil, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, oregano, smoked paprika, cumin, and give it all a good stir.
Let’s Make Some Sauce!
To jazz up the flavor of these tacos I’m making avocado cream for them. For this you can use a regular blender or I prefer to use an immersion blender. I add my avocado to a bowl, with the juice from a whole lime, a handful of cilantro, a pinch of salt, and about a tablespoon of coconut milk, then I blend. It’s not the consistency that I want, so I add more coconut milk. Once it’s right, I let it rest in the refrigerator. Then I put my tortillas on the stove to get them a little heated up. For my other sauce, in a bowl I add the thickest part of the coconut milk, a little bit of lime juice, a pinch of salt, and mix.
At this time most of the liquid has been absorbed into the plant protein, so I add some tomato paste, turn the heat down a pinch and mix. Then I add some canned chipotle and adobo seasonings, a pinch of olive oil, black pepper, chili powder, some agave, and a pinch more water. I mix this all together then start chopping up some red onion, and tomato. We are almost done! I get my tortillas ready to plate by spreading on some of the avocado cream. I then add our protein pieces, some sliced red onion, tomato, a drizzle of our cream overtop, and some cilantro.
Hope You’re Hungry!
There we go! Twenty five minute vegan chicken tacos! The plant based protein tastes just like chicken. It’s very juicy and tender. The flavor is amazing, it’s very creamy, refreshing, and there’s a little spicy kick to it! This is so easy to make when you are in a hurry before work, or in between errands. You have to try making it! Check out the full video here!
Homemade ChickUN Tacos for When You’re Short on Time
- 2 cups plant protein
- 1 cup water
- .5 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tsp plant based chicken seasoning
- pinch olive oil
- pinch salt
- pinch onion powder
- pinch garlic powder
- pinch oregano
- pinch smoked paprika
- pinch cumin
- 1 avocado
- 1 lime
- handful cilantro
- 1 tbsp coconut milk
- pinch tomato paste
- pinch canned chipotle and adobo seasonings
- pinch black pepper
- pinch chili powder
- pinch agave
- slices red onion
- slices tomato
- Add plant protein to pan with water, vegetable broth, and chicken seasoning.
- Turn heat on high. Let cook for about eight minutes.
- Add olive oil, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, oregano, smoked paprika, cumin, and stir.
- Get blender or immersion blender, mix avocado, juice from lime, cilantro, coconut milk, and salt.
- Get tortillas on stove to heat up.
- In a bowl add coconut milk, lime juice, and salt then mix.
- Add tomato paste to plant protein along with canned chipotle and adobo seasonings, olive oil, black pepper, chili powder, agave, and water. Mix.
- Chop red onion and tomato.
- Spread avocado sauce on tortillas, then add protein pieces, red onion, tomato, cream, and cilantro. Enjoy!